download not bootable RRS feed

• Question

• guys,

i downloaded xp from my tecgnt account, but the files aint bootable?? can some1 advise me?
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Where did you download it? Is it the .exe file? Could you give us a link? I assume that the downloaded files may be corrupted, you can copy and launch the file on aother available computer to verify. If you can't launch the file too, let's try to re-download it.

Best  Regards
    Dale
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

I did download it from within my technet plus account. Tried 2 versions; they both download as a rar file(according to the description they should be iso's)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:14 PM
  • You need to use a CD burning application to write the images (.iso) to the CD / DVD. You CANNOT just burn the iso file to a CD / DVD. Use a tool such as infra recorder, which is available at http://infrarecorder.org/ . Its a free tool.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:42 PM
  • noticed that the professional-retail editions i can download aint in iso format. ISO/CRC: N/A although the filename has an .iso extension

btw, i did burn it with a cdburner offcourse

Friday, December 18, 2009 7:31 PM
  • You're not looking at the correct business-retail package that you want. You're looking at 1) language packs (msu) or 2) service packs (exe) I can assure you, if you download the correct file for DVD it is ISO and you burn that image (using the correct software) to a DVD or CD.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:46 AM
  • Have you tried to test the burned image on other computers? Or you can restart the computer and start from the CD to verify if it is bootable. If the disc can't be boot on any of computers, the image isn't burned well. Let's try to re-burn the image at a lower speed.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:34 AM

• http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4483/downloadxp.jpg

i uploaded a screenshot from my download part. as you can see iso/crc isnt available
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 1:32 PM
  • Why don't you download Windows XP Service Pack 3 through Windows Update? Maybe you can obtain it here.

For your references:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Best Regards
    Dale

Monday, December 28, 2009 4:49 AM