mp3 and windows media player RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded an I tunes album to my mp3 player but it wont show in Windows media
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• What about this album? Could it be in a format that is not compatible with Windows Media Player?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:28 PM
  • how do I know
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:58 PM
  • are you talking about the playlist ?
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:36 AM
  • When I downloaded the album from Itunes I was able to transfer it to the mp3 player but I cannot see them on the pc. The PC doed not recognize the files. is there any way to change the file extension so windows media will recognize them

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:06 PM
  • do you have the itunes software installed ??? Okay what is mp3 player ?? you mean windows media player or you have a gadget mp3 player ?
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:37 PM
  • I have itunes installed, the mp3 player is a sony and what I want to do is transfer the library over from itunes to windows media player
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:18 PM
  • okay this should resolve your issue:

To convert the songs to the format that the Windows Media Player can understand, Open iTunes and do the following steps:
     1. Click Edit, Preferences and go to the General tab
     2. Click on the "Import Settings" button
     3. Change the "Import Using" to "MP3 Encoder"
     4. Click OK and go back to your music library
     5. Change to list view and select the first song in your library
     6. Scroll all the way down to the last song in your library
     7. Press the Shift key and then click on the last song to select all of the songs in your library
     8. Click "Advanced" and then "Create MP3 Version"
     9. Your songs should start to convert and depending on how many songs you have in your library, this could take quite some time
     10. Open Windows Media Player and press F3 or click File, Add to Library
     11. Click OK- Windows Media Player should start to search for songs on your computer and after it has finished the search, you should find the songs from your iTunes Library in your Windows Media Player Library.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:30 PM