Outlook 2003 Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have an interesting question. We had a company that we out-source work to come in and get us ready for our Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 deployment. When they setup the installs they used a MST file that had all of the setting ready for us and made our work a lot easier. What we did not know about was that in the MST file they had disabled Cache Mode and there is now no way for us to even go to every machine and check the Cache Mode Box because it is grayed out and not able to be checked. I have tried taking one machine and uninstalling Office and Reinstalling it without the Transform MST file and when it does come up you are still not able to run it in Cached Mode.

Now before anyone else asks me I have tried to use the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit Custom Maintenance Wizard to try to push out the changes we want made and it will make every change EXCEPT the Cached Mode. We are running Outlook over 12 Sites some over a Wireless WAN and since we have installed this network saturation has been huge. If anyone knows of a way to get around this problem (registry edit or otherwise) please let me know. I am at a loss trying to get this to work correctly.

Dan

Friday, December 7, 2007 10:52 PM

Answers

• This forum is for Sustem Center Essentials (SCE), you might try the Outlook news group.

PS! If your goal is to configure all client to use cached mode, you can do this by adding a Group Policy that enable this. To do this, download the Office adm files and add them to a new GPO and then target the GPO to your clients.

Hope this helps!

Björn Axéll MVP - Advisec AB

http://blog.advisec.com

Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:22 PM