Malware detection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

upgraded now to Exchange2016 (15.1). Currently with the huge amount of spam and virus I experienced the following:

Received mail with attached malware. Popped up in my Inbox. Marked as Junk-Mail in OWA. Reported to MS. And now received a Non-delivery report because the mails contains malware...

Is the detection not really working for incoming mails?

Bernhard

Friday, December 11, 2015 10:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Enable Antispam agent using Powershell

Please follow the below article

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995744(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on Exchange 2016 @ Techrid.com

• Marked as answer by Bernhard Marx Monday, December 14, 2015 10:57 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In the Exchange admin center (EAC), navigate to Protection > Malware filter. Check if the box "Delete the entire message" is checked on the default policy. Meanwhile, check other configurations under settings tab.

And try to enable antispam functionality on Mailbox servers, then configure the Spam Confidence Level Threshold. Default configuration:

SCLRejectThreshold     : 7
    SCLRejectEnabled       : True
    SCLDeleteThreshold     : 9
    SCLDeleteEnabled       : False
    SCLQuarantineThreshold : 9
    SCLQuarantineEnabled   : False

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Lynn-Li Monday, December 14, 2015 6:07 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 3:11 AM
  • Hi,

Enable Antispam agent using Powershell

Please follow the below article

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995744(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on Exchange 2016 @ Techrid.com

• Marked as answer by Bernhard Marx Monday, December 14, 2015 10:57 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 3:29 AM
  • Thanks,

as I thought the new server will get the config from the "old" 2013 server during parallel setup/ upgrade.

Bernhard

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:58 AM