none
Administrative Time Email Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a few specific users who receive a notification when submitting Administrative Time. The email details as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 'date sent'

To:'user who submi'ted time'

Subject:'user who submitted time' has submitted administrative time for approval.

You have submitted administrative time for approval.

Microsoft Project Server

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We use the integrated mode for timesheets which requires line manager approval. Some users receive the notification when submitting time, but most other users don't receive notifications for submitting administrative time. More strange is the fact that the user who sends the time gets the notification, I would have thought that this notification should go to the line manager? These users are NOT their own timesheet managers.

This is for Microsoft Project Server 2010.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this, any thoughts?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:34 AM

All replies

• Look at the Timesheet manager and see if it is the same as the resource name. Resources don't have to approve their own time if the are the resource manager.  Is this the case for those who don't get emails.

Cheers! 

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011, MCC2012
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:54 AM
  • Thanks for taking the time to respond Michael.

As noted in the question, the resource is NOT their own timesheet manager.

Other resources do not receive the same email even though they are also not their own timesheet manager.

This is very odd...

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:58 AM