Calls are dropped when dialing a busy number RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Lync 2010 environment with a Dialogic Media Gateway (DMG2060DTISQ) connected to a T1 / PRI line.  The problem that we are seeing is if we dial an external number that is busy, the phone just disconnects without any warning.  We are not hearing a busy signal or anything.  Our Dialogic Media Gateway is seeing that the end reason for the call is "TDM: User Busy."  I have contacted Dialogic support and they checked out a trace of a busy call and it seems that the T1 provider is sending the Disconnect message before the busy signal.  This means that the Dialogic Media Gateway is sending Lync the disconnect message which ends the Lync call.  So next I contacted our T1 provider to see if they could possibly send the busy signal first and then the disconnect and they are saying that it is usually the PBX that provides the busy signal because they don't want to keep a trunk tied up playing a busy signal.  Does anyone know of a way to get Lync to play a busy signal?  Our users are thinking that the call was dropped so they keep trying to call when actually it is just busy.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:05 PM

Answers

• Ok.  Thanks for the reply.  Since the Gateway only forwards what it receives from the T1 to Lync, I guess my only option will be to get the T1 / PRI carrier's switch engineers to try and send the Busy tone first and then Disconnect.
    • Edited by PChrist12 Friday, April 5, 2013 3:46 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:03 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 3:44 PM

All replies

• According my understanding, the busy tone is related with the Gateway. I don’t think Lync server has this functionality.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 5, 2013 4:54 AM
  • Ok.  Thanks for the reply.  Since the Gateway only forwards what it receives from the T1 to Lync, I guess my only option will be to get the T1 / PRI carrier's switch engineers to try and send the Busy tone first and then Disconnect.
    • Edited by PChrist12 Friday, April 5, 2013 3:46 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:03 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 3:44 PM