Downstream WSUS server will not sync RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with a downstream WSUS box (Server 2008R2, WSUS 3 SP2) syncronizing with the upstream server (Server 2008R2, WSUS 3 SP2). I am getting the following error message:

WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 172.24.9.250:443
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.SyncConfigUpdatesFromUSS()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)

The 172.24.9.250:443 address referenced above is the correct address for the upstream server.

Ping and tracert are both sucessful to and from both servers

I have verified IIS on the upstream server is set to use port 443

I am able to browse to https://UpstreamServerName/selfupdate/wuident.cab from the downstream server and have a download dialog box come up

I have verified that the servername is correct in the options settings for Update Source on the downstream server, and the use SSL checkbox is checked.

I have verified DNS resolves to the correct IP address from both servers

Both servers are, if configured to do so, able to get updates directly from Microsoft. I do not want to download all of the updates twice however.

The downstream server is also a SCCM 2012R2 Site Server

I am new to this particular environment, but I have dealt with WSUS for past employers. From what I am told this problem started when a previous employee partially deployed SCUP - I don't know if this will be relevant or not, but I want to provide all the information I can.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:25 PM

All replies

• Am 10.09.2015 schrieb Devin79:

I am having an issue with a downstream WSUS box (Server 2008R2, WSUS 3 SP2) syncronizing with the upstream server (Server 2008R2, WSUS 3 SP2). I am getting

Before other things, pls check the Build from all WSUS-Servers. The
    2008R2 or lower must have Build .274. Here you can see where you can
    find th Build: http://www.wsus.de/images/wsus-version.png

WSUS 3.0 (SP2):     Build 3.2.7600.226
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2720211:     Build 3.2.7600.251
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2734608:     Build 3.2.7600.256
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2828185:     Build 3.2.7600.262
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2938066:     Build 3.2.7600.274

Pls install patches, starting on Upstream-Server, restart the whole
    server, then install patches on the next downstream.

Servus
    Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum Local Update Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Friday, September 11, 2015 5:01 AM
  • Hello and thank you for your reply!

I have updated both of the WSUS servers to build 3.2.7600.274 and restarted as you suggested. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue, and the syncs failed with the same error I posted above.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Friday, September 11, 2015 3:25 PM