• Question

• Hi,

I have a Laptop with specifications as

• Processor: i5-8250U 1.6GHz
    • RAM: 12GB
    • HD: 1TB
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon 540 2GB
    • Windows 10 version: 1909
    • Startup applications: Realtek HD Audio and Windows Defender are enabled.

Mostly I have seen in Processes, Users, Details and Services of Task Manager.
    There are many running applications.  

In some cases, for example, when I open a browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc, I use one tab but I see more process under browser name.

Moreover, I already stopped background apps by Settings > Privacy > Background apps.

I don’t want to stop process manually like right-click > End Task or End Process Tree. Also, I don’t want to stop services of any application.

Is it possible as follows?

• If I close the application or if I am not using the application, it’s process must not be operational in the background OR till the time, I don’t open or use the application, it must not be operational in the background.
    • And when I close the application, all processes related to the application must be closed.

Please let me know, how it can be done?

If third-party application can do all tasks that I mentioned, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

With Regards

GNS

InTechSys

• Edited by MrGNS Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:18 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is normal to see that Chrome run multiple processes when there is single tab opened.

Chrome has plugins, web apps, rendering engines and others as separate processes from the browser itself. That is done so that if one of those processes fails, it won't affect the whole browser, or even the whole tab, because those are separate processes too.

You can manage process by using process monitor:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

Is your problem solved? If you use our solution to solve the problem, please mark it as an answer to help other community members quickly find useful responses. If you use your own solution to solve the problem, please share your experience and solutions here. It is also very helpful for other community members with similar problems. If not, please reply and tell us what's going on to provide further assistance.

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying me back and sorry for responding delay.

Actually, I was looking for an application that can manage background process.

If I am not using an application, no process related to the application should run in the background. Moreover, I don’t want to end process manually.

In my question, I mentioned Chrome and Firefox just for an example. I noticed same issue in another browser also.

You were talking about Process Explorer. I already used. This is just for detailed monitoring not for controlling the background process.

With Regards
    InTechSys

InTechSys

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:19 AM