locked
Problem with Outlook 2016 when clicking on mailto link RRS feed

  • Question

  • When clicking on a mailto link that contains a body with a link and there are digits in that link, Outlook 2016 breaks the link before the first digit.

    for example: 

    <a href="mailto:example@gmail.com?subject=document&body=http://www.example.com/1234">Go</a>

    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:55 PM

Answers

  • Hi Yoram,

    Have you got the issue fixed?

    I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

    Regards,

    Aidan Wang


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Yoram Bucks Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:00 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I tested in my environment (Google Chrome) but cannot reproduce what is described in your thread. 

    In this case, please try typing the link manually and pressing Enter rather than click a mailto link. If you can't reproduce this issue, then the issue may not be a client issue but a issue related to your browser. So please test via different browser and see if there is any difference.

    Any update, please feel free to post back.

    Regards,

    Aidan Wang


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

    Thanks for testing, please notice that your screenshot looks different than my, I am not sure whether it is a different version, edition or update of outlook. I verified that my environment includes the latest update.

    I tested it from two different machines and with Chrome and IE 11, the problem repeats.

    Manually it works fine, also after opening through the link, I can fix it by pressing Spacebar or Enter.

    The problem is that many users supposed to use these links and it can cause confusion and sending wrong links.


    • Edited by Yoram Bucks Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:18 PM I noticed that the screenshot looks different.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:16 PM
  • Hi Yoram,

    Thanks for your updates.

    >> please notice that your screenshot looks different than my

    What's the detail version of your Outlook? 

    Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

    According to my test above, the mailto link should be no problem. Please try repairing your Office installation and see if there is any difference.

    Besides, it is suggested to change the "language for non-unicode programs" to English and test.
    (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

    Hope this can be helpful.

    Regards,

    Aidan Wang


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Friday, July 19, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Yoram,

    Have you got the issue fixed?

    I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

    Regards,

    Aidan Wang


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Yoram Bucks Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

    Thanks for the help, the problem is solved now.

    Our users still work with Office 2010. We are in the process of upgrading to Office 2016.

    The problem occurred when we tested the new environment.

    After your last post we installed a new computer with Office 2016, and after downloading and installing the latest update it works fine with English and Hebrew as the default language for non-unicode programs.

    Before the update, it worked only with English.

    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Hi Yoram,

    You're welcome :)

    I'm glad to see you have fixed your problem and thanks for your sharing.

    Regards,

    Aidan Wang


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:41 AM