Report builder default save location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When a user goes to save a new report built in the report builder, the default save location is the location of the report model (i.e. /Models).

How do I make the default save location to be the user's My Reports folder?

I'm using SQL Server 2008.

Thanks
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi bk12345,

From your description, I assume you are using Report Builder 1.0. If I have misunderstood, please do not hesitate to let me know.

By design, in Report Builder 1.0, if we create a new report, the report will be saved to the last server path we have used. This means the report will be saved to the path of the mode we have opened.
    That is hard coding.

So, there is no option to change the default save location.

You could submit a feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com
    Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi bk12345,

From your description, I assume you are using Report Builder 1.0. If I have misunderstood, please do not hesitate to let me know.

By design, in Report Builder 1.0, if we create a new report, the report will be saved to the last server path we have used. This means the report will be saved to the path of the mode we have opened.
    That is hard coding.

So, there is no option to change the default save location.

You could submit a feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com
    Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Hi

Yes. I'm using Report Builder 1.0. Sorry. I forgot to mention that.

Thanks for your response.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Jin,

Is it possible to change the default save location in Report Builder 2.0.

Thanks,

Rahul

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Hi Jinchun,

Does the Report Builder 3.0 support default save path future now?

Could you help me to look at following issue:

How To Set Default Save Path For Report Builder 3.0(Not in SharePoint mode)?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/8c7639c3-e9fd-481f-82c1-a5155a87eed8/how-to-set-default-save-path-for-report-builder-30?forum=sqlreportingservices

Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:33 AM
  • From ReportBuilder 2.0, the save location is determined dynamically.

1. If we open a report from a report server, and are going to save it, the default location is the location of the opened report.
    2. If we new a report without connecting to a report server, the default location is MyDocument
    3. If we new a report with connecting to a report server, the default location is the root folder of the report server
    Monday, February 10, 2014 5:30 AM