none
Issue with Language pack deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a task sequence which deploys Windows 1803 with 5 language packs and their feature packs. When I deploy this task to a VM machine it runs fine without a problem.

However when we deploy the task to a physical machine the task stops at applying image (Install Operating System) at 40%. Actual there are two pass, the first one completes to 100% then we see it applies dism.exe with an unattend.xml which resides in the C:\Windows\Panther folder. After dism.exe there is a second pass of the task "Install Operating System" Weird is, it always starts at 30% and get stuck at 40% without an error message. I looked at the unattend.xml which MDT creates. I think it will be created from the unattend.xml which belongs to the task sequence and the packages to apply. It seems that when deploying the task to a physical machine there is a problem to work down the unattend.xml. As a test we modified  the task sequence for the task "apply patches" to selection profile "nothing". Then the task runs fine on the physical machine.

We tried several physical machine and all have the same issue. However deploying the task to a VM runs just fine.

Any idea what is different between deploying to a VM and physical machine?

Thanks

Edy

Edy from Switzerland

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:53 PM