none
Change Trial Project Pro Key to Full Version RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I have found similar answers to this question regarding different software, but nothing specifically mentioning Project Professional 2010.  I am wondering: if I download the Project Pro trial and enter the trial key, is there a way to upgrade the software to the full version with full key after purchase, OR would I need to completely remove and re-install the software in order to continue using without issue.

One problem that has been mentioned on the forums (specifically about Server 2003) is that the changing of the product key goes well and it appears to work, however the "timer" (60 days, 180 days, etc.) is still in effect and eventually requires a complete re-install anyway.

Any help is much appreciated.  And this is one of my first interactions with a forum of any sort, so I apologize if I have researched incorrectly or re-posted a pesky question.

Thanks,
    ~Keith 

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Keith,

For the first part of your question (Project Professional Desktop 2010) - Step by step explanation to convert from trial to full is here at
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/convert-a-trial-version-of-an-office-2010-suite-or-program-to-a-full-retail-version-HA101886436.aspx

So it is not required to remove and then re-install the product.

For the second part - Trial version of Project Server 2003 is not available. The threads mentioned are probably the old ones. Do you have Project Server 2003 trial version ?

Regards. --Ismet
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:42 PM
  • That link is exactly what I needed.  Thank you for the help.

As far as the second part, I was simply mentioning that I had found something regarding expiry timers and Server 2003, but I do not require any assistance with Server 2003 as it does not pertain.

Thank you, again, Ismet.  I really appreciate the help!

~Keith

• Marked as answer by K Potter Friday, August 5, 2011 6:15 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Keith,

For the first part of your question (Project Professional Desktop 2010) - Step by step explanation to convert from trial to full is here at
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/convert-a-trial-version-of-an-office-2010-suite-or-program-to-a-full-retail-version-HA101886436.aspx

So it is not required to remove and then re-install the product.

For the second part - Trial version of Project Server 2003 is not available. The threads mentioned are probably the old ones. Do you have Project Server 2003 trial version ?

Regards. --Ismet
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:42 PM
  • That link is exactly what I needed.  Thank you for the help.

As far as the second part, I was simply mentioning that I had found something regarding expiry timers and Server 2003, but I do not require any assistance with Server 2003 as it does not pertain.

Thank you, again, Ismet.  I really appreciate the help!

~Keith

• Marked as answer by K Potter Friday, August 5, 2011 6:15 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:14 PM
  • You're welcome.
    Regards. --Ismet
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:51 PM