none
Performance Point Server Log Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Other than the Event Viewer where can I find the Log files for Performance Point Monitoring Server??

Thanks.

Regards

Ram
    Friday, January 30, 2009 4:28 AM

Answers

• The installation and upgrade logs can be found in the following directory:

%Program_Files%\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0

Those are the only other logs that I am aware of outside of the Event Viewer entries.

-----

Hope this helps.

Rick Tenorio, MCTS, MCDST [MSFT]

Microsoft Corporation

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights.**

Microsoft Corporation **This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights**
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:57 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 5:41 AM

All replies

• The installation and upgrade logs can be found in the following directory:

%Program_Files%\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0

Those are the only other logs that I am aware of outside of the Event Viewer entries.

-----

Hope this helps.

Rick Tenorio, MCTS, MCDST [MSFT]

Microsoft Corporation

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights.**

Microsoft Corporation **This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights**
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:57 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 5:41 AM
  • Hi Rick,

Thanks a lot for the reply. We were not able to find the logs other than what you mentioned. There was a strange error we faced . The Performance Point Filters threw the following error "No selections available. Please contact the Administrator". There are 3 filters and 2 are showing up fine.  Only one of the filters was throwing the above error. Then when we hit the refresh button, it was showing up fine. We couldn't find what is the reason. I assume its because of a time out error. If there are any other reasons please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ram.

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Hello Ramakrishnan,

Just to add a note, there are installation logs kept in the temp folder. To get to this go to Start->Run and type %temp%. The two files are called MonitoringStatusDATE.log and MonitoringVerboseDATE.log. These logs do only hold information about the installation.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 6:56 PM
  • When you get the message about contacting your Administrator that typically means that an error has been added to the Application Event Log on the server.  So if you are running this on a SharePoint server then look at the Application log and look for the error with the source of PerformancePoint Monitoring Server.  If you are running this in Preview mode then you would want to look on the PPS server for the error message.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 2:10 PM