Right button ,sound , modem is not working on Vista Black Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, can anyone help me how to run Windows Vista and Mac as a parallel Desktop On Apple Mackbook? I am using two OS at Apple Mackbook that was set by a computer engineer from where i bought.Actully, I have little idea about computer and i'm using Apple Mackbook.So i suggested that engineer to set Windows OS with Mac.Because windows OS is so easy to use than Mac OS.He then set two OS(Windows Vista Black Edition.Mac OS) on my laptop.  Today when i turned on my laptop my 'Windows Vista Black Edition' looked t so different .The theme of Windows looked like Windows classic theme.The right button of track pad of my Apple Mackbook didn't work.My dial up modem didn't work.My sound system didn't work. I couldn't run my audio system.But the main fact is as far as i remembar last time when i turned off my laptop i hadn't modified anything of these?Without modifing how does it possible?Please tell me its soution of this problem as a begainer of computer.I'm waiting for your reply.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Regarding these issues, I may suggest the following steps.

1.Update network driver, sound driver and display driver.

Note: you may contact manufacturer for the latest Windows Vista compatible drivers.

Manually update driver

======================

1.Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.

2.Expand the "Device Category name" category.

3.Right click "Device Name" we are using and click Update Driver Software…

4.Select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.

5.Click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.

6.Select the "Device Category name" category from the list. Click Next.

7.Choose the proper manufacturer from the left list and then choose the model from the right list.

8.Click Next to install the driver.

2.If the issue persists, try to perform System Restore.

System Restore

==============

1. Please click on Start and choose All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then Windows Backup.

2. Click Restore on the left pane.

3. Choose Basic Restore.

4. Follow the wizard and click Next.

5. If you would like to restore everything in the backup, we can check the box “Restore everything in this backup” on the top of the window.

We can also browse and choose certain files and folders to restore. Then, click Next.

6. Then choose the folder to save the recovered files and click Next.

7. When we see a “Restore is complete!” message, click Finish.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:54 AM