Changes to service requests require iisreset to appear in HTML5 portal RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing SM 2016 with HTML5 portal.

Changes like new announcement, new service request, deleting something. do not appear unless I iisreset the portal.

Is this normal or should it appear within a few seconds like a good boy?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:09 PM

Answers

• The new portal has a caching system. You can modify the caching timeout (time that it takes to refresh the cache) in the Application Settings for the SSP website in IIS. Simply open IIS Manager, navigate to the SSP site, double-click Application Settings and modify the UserCacheTimeOut and DataCacheTimeOut values to whatever you would like. :)
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:02 PM

All replies

• The delay might be because of chaching? Did you try to delete the browser cache already?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:46 PM
  • When I iisreset it shows the new info, and I noticed that sometimes, very rarely, changes appear right away.. but not always.
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:00 PM
  • The new portal has a caching system. You can modify the caching timeout (time that it takes to refresh the cache) in the Application Settings for the SSP website in IIS. Simply open IIS Manager, navigate to the SSP site, double-click Application Settings and modify the UserCacheTimeOut and DataCacheTimeOut values to whatever you would like. :)
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:02 PM