none
Lock Screen of settings shows Some Settings are managed by your organization on Windows 10 Home Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my Windows from Windows 8.1 home to Windows 10 home. Now, the version of my Windows 10 is 1151 and build 10586, 494.

In Windows 8.1, I set "Lock Screen" off. After upgrade to Windows 10. I want to use "Lock Screen". I found the message on top of "Lock screen" setting: "Some Settings are managed by your organization". I can not do the setting.  Please help.

Sunday, July 31, 2016 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Open Registry Editor. Go to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization then on the right side, delete the Value: NoLockScreen.

Restart and issue should resolve.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Windows Insider MVP, MS MVP (2014-2016)

• Marked as answer by go sun Monday, August 1, 2016 1:56 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Open Registry Editor. Go to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization then on the right side, delete the Value: NoLockScreen.

Restart and issue should resolve.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

• Marked as answer by go sun Monday, August 1, 2016 1:56 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Thank you very much. It only took me a little time to get "Lock Screen" back. I thought it might be a tough job.
    Monday, August 1, 2016 2:02 PM
  • ^^ Glad we could help, Good day!

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Wait until you install the Anniversary Update, you will be scr*wed again being stuck with a lock screen.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:24 PM
  • I have the same "Lock Screen" problem. I got "regedit" opened, but couldn't figure out how to "go to HKLM/Software/...."  I tried pasting "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization" into the Find function, but what it Found wasn't anything I could recognize.  Insufficient or unclear instructions.

Friday, September 2, 2016 6:30 PM