Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine VMMX110. The error number is 0x80004005. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear colleagues,

we have a mixed environment presently. The Exchange 2010 servers are setup and around 10 users are already testing the system. There are around 10 older Exchange 2003 SP2 Servers where still 99% our users are hosted.

I do not know if there is any relation to it, but it might be.

A few weeks ago, on one of our Exchange 2003 Exchange servers, users are complaining about problems with the Free&Busy information. - Only on that site. On all other Exchange servers the Free&Busy information can be accessed without problems.

While checking the eventlog I found the error message mentioned in the subject.

I found some posts about the same error but the scenario and environment looks much different to me so I did not perform the mentioned steps with ADSI etc. I rebooted the server and also checked the DACL state with PFDavAdmin; the missing anonymous was fixed, but still the error appears.

Any idea how to proceed with this issue?

Thanks in advance

Ruben

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi DareDevil,

thank you. I checked but it does not match to the issue we have. We did not closed any of the existing Exchange 2003 serves and the users which are having the problems with the Free&Busy are still on one of our Exchange 2003 servers.

Best

Ruben

• Edited by Ruben_I-O Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:04 AM -
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Hi,

Does the issue happen to all users in this Exchange server, or some users? Can the user in other Exchange server view the problematic users’ free/busy information?

The Free/Busy information is stored in a system folder within Public Folders called Free/Busy. Make sure the legacyExchangeDN is configured correct. Please use ESM to check whether public folder server has replicas of the appropriate subfolders of the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY system folder.

Open properties of the Free Busy folder and see if the Exchange server is in the list of replicas. Check permissions as well. On the client side, click Start, click Run, type Outlook /cleanfreebusy to check whether the issue persists.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:16 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

only some users are affected on this Exchange Server. Other user cannot see entries of those users which have problems to see Free&Busy.

What is the right legacyExchangeDN? The replicas have been checked.

I have seen that the server hosts only a few public folders.

So I have a plan:

- Export all Public Folders to a PST file
    - Delete the Public Folder store on the server
    - Create a new Public Folder store on the server
    - Import the Public Folders

Would that work? Is there any impact to the meetings which have been maintained the Public Folder calendars?

Thanks in advance
    Friday, November 29, 2013 12:40 AM
  • Hi,

The legacyExchangeDN attribute(for example: /o=CU1/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=winnie) is in the Active Directory directory service of the user's account. Outlook uses the first part(EX:/ o=CU1/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)) to identify the user's administrative group and therefore the appropriate free/busy subfolder. It uses the second part(USER-/ cn=Recipients/cn=winnie) as the subject of the free/busy message.

Therefore, we need to check your default public folder database settings and legacyExchangeDN attribute matching. Also please try to replicate Public Folder Data Manually.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 6, 2013 3:32 AM