Computer Lag? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, so I've got something here that's had me stumped for about 2 months now. I like to use my pc for gaming and everything will run fine for a time period after my computer starts up. However, after a while, everything on my computer will start to run more slowly. I'll lose about 20-50% speed on all of my games or emulators after my computer's been on for a while, and sometimes I even notice slower speeds when browsing on chrome. Anybody have any suggestions as to what might be causing this 'lag'? It affects everything on my computer, that much I've found out, but it's only noticeable on more performance intensive apps such as Dolphin or Steam. My computer keeps running with the speed down like this until I restart my computer.

Specs

HP Pavilion dv6 Noteboook

Windows 7 x64 Premium

Intel i7 3610QM @ 2.3 GHz

8.00 GB DDR3 RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 650M 1 GB GDDR5 GPU

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hello there,

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
    Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

Dyami & Wanikiya ...Team ZigZag.

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Hey, I uploaded it, my computer was giving me problems with managing and deleting zip files so I made it a .rar instead. I'm going to look into the .zip file issues later. Here's the link for the skydrive. https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9EDDD4AFD4493A4A. If you need a .zip file, I'll try to get a .zip folder ready by tomorrow.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:35 PM
  • Erik B

That link yields Erik B isnt sharing anything.  I suspect you have the sharing set incorrectly.

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com email Admin@zigzag3143.com

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Sorry about that, not that good with file sharing, never used it before. It should be accessible now. https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9EDDD4AFD4493A4A
    • Edited by eboz713 Friday, March 22, 2013 8:40 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

There are many errors in event log. Some also points to Dolphin.exe, it is hard to say what is the cause of this issue. Does the system restore help?

I suggest you to perform a clean boot to exclude the third party factors.
    How to clean boot:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Will it be alright to disable the intel and hp stuff? I don't really know how reliant my computer is on the hp and intel stuff so i've always been hesitant to mess with it.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:37 AM