I remove by mistake the realtek audio device high definition audio bus. Now, the sound of my computer is not working. What should I do? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 

I remove by mistake the realtek audio device high definition audio bus. Now, the sound of my computer is not working. What should I do?

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all, please go to device manager, right click on the audio bus and check if you can roll back the driver.

If it can't help, please tell us the make and model of the computer so that we can find the latest driver on the manufacture's downloading center.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, please go to device manager, right click on the audio bus and check if you can roll back the driver.

If it can't help, please tell us the make and model of the computer so that we can find the latest driver on the manufacture's downloading center.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:08 AM
  • i did the same thing and i cant rollback i have a aspire one. any help would be appreciated.

Friday, September 9, 2011 3:01 AM
  • first go to start-all programs- windows update is at the top of the list follow the prmpts to install microsoft update which is the new version of windows update if microsoft update is all ready installed go there and select custom then let it look for updates then if it detects missing drivers it will install or guide you on what to do. If you have an r52 laptop then try this link. http://support.lenovo.com/en_CA/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-58599 the best of luck.

2 if that doesnt work then try this  open device manager right click on the sound device you may have to expand sound, video and game controlers on the tab that comes up select properties then select the drivers tab  select update driver.    do it this way incase the driver installation failed the frist time it may not ask you to update again if you didnt uncheck the box that came up on frist try.

3.find a mother board disk and search the disk using explore for ac97 realtech driver. actually windows update should solve it also try there  FIX IT web site there are many automatied fixes there for your use.

• Edited by mefixu Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by mefixu Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:57 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 3:11 PM
  •  Averatec 7100 serie
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:49 PM
  • I did exactly what you told me and my computer is saying that the driver is not found then it said that sound max is not supported
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:32 AM