none
Block / Hide Windows "Immersive Control Panel" through GPM

Question

• Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to block the Immersive Control Panel through Group Policy Management?

We are trying to set up a locked down machine and have to do it through GPO, not Regedit or Applocker. Currently the user can still open the Immersive Control Panel, even if the normal control panel is disabled.

The main goal in the end is to have all settings disabled except for Printers settings and Networking.

Help would be appreciated

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, there is no such built-in group policy to hide/block Immersive Control Panel.
    However, Immersive Control Panel seems to locate in the folder: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel, you could have a try to set deny permission on this folder for normal users and see if it could be blocked.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:25 AM
  • Hi there,

I have tried this already, to no avail. Blocking the path does not stop the app from being run which is a pain. The Immersive Control Panel .exe seems to not actually launch anything, the program in question I think is called systemsettings.exe

I am trying to lock down a PC, but cant disable system settings which seems really counter intuitive. I dont suppose I could limit what appears on the setting page? To only allow printer changing.

• Edited by ICPR Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah, I agree with you that it seems to have no built-in methods for doing that. Maybe, you could contact a consult to check if you could have a try by designing a windows image which meets your requirement, just a suggestion for reference.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 1:50 AM