Freezing RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a new Asus computer with 8 GB ram, intel core 2quad cpu, 1TB and Windows 7 OS.
    It keeps freezing all the time. What can I do to fix this without returning the computer to the store?

I would appreciate an answer in plain english.

Thank you

Saturday, November 7, 2009 3:48 PM

Answers

• This problem could be caused by either hardware or software. If it were me, I'd return it to the store and let them sort it out. After all, it is a brand new machine and it should not be acting this way.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 13, 2009 1:47 AM
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Since this is a newly bought computer which within the warranty, I agree with OldHobo that you can return the computer to the store/manufacturer.

In addition, you also can try the following troubleshooting suggestions to check the issue:

-           If the issue occurred after installing certain software or update, please perform System Restore to restore the system to the date before the issue first occurred.

-           Unplug the unnecessary external devices.

-           Please go into Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

-           Check the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:06 AM

All replies

• This problem could be caused by either hardware or software. If it were me, I'd return it to the store and let them sort it out. After all, it is a brand new machine and it should not be acting this way.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:43 PM
  • First you should consider reloading the os from the recovery partition as the drives are cloed in mass they sometimes hit a snag. The manufacturer usaully has less strict guidelines for the error rate here. So try reloading the os either from the recovery partition or from a os disk. I had an Hp with vista home premuim on it and every time i shut down i would get an error message about scheduled tasks. Then i reloade from the recovery partition and that did not fix it. So i ordered the recovery disk set from HP and reloaded that way and everything worked fine.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:00 AM
  • FWIW, I'm with OldHobo.  It sounds like you bought a problem, and should probably "unbuy" it while you may still be able...
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:30 PM
  • Since this is a newly bought computer which within the warranty, I agree with OldHobo that you can return the computer to the store/manufacturer.

In addition, you also can try the following troubleshooting suggestions to check the issue:

-           If the issue occurred after installing certain software or update, please perform System Restore to restore the system to the date before the issue first occurred.

-           Unplug the unnecessary external devices.

-           Please go into Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

-           Check the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:06 AM