Dynamic Distribution Groups RRS feed

• Question

• I just created my first Dynamic Distribution Group.  I can see it in AD and Exchange Console BUT I can not see it in the GAL.  How do I make it visible?
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have to wait until the OAB update from GAL and the client download the OAB from server.

So when you use cached mode the OAB still not updated yet.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Pearlyshells Friday, September 16, 2011 1:22 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:17 AM

All replies

• You might be in Outlook cached mode if so you have to wait until the offline address book is regenerated. Log into OWA and see if you see the DL there.
    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Rajkumar-MCITP Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:28 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:06 PM
  • You can download the Address Book in Full. That will download everything in the GAL.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:55 AM
  • once I removed cached mode...I could see it.   One more question:   I was under the impression that the Dynamic Dist Group would self-populate based on the criteria I set in the attribute.   So, any user who had that attribute set would be in the dynamic dist group.   What I had done was set the Attrib Editor field to the criteria then in the dynamic group set that same criteria.   Then, I sent the dynamic group an email to see if it worked.  No reply yet.  So, I checked one or two users with the criteria and their membership list did not show the dynamic dist group.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:15 PM
  • thanks for the reply.  I was able to see the group once I unchecked Cached mode.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hi,

You have to wait until the OAB update from GAL and the client download the OAB from server.

So when you use cached mode the OAB still not updated yet.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Pearlyshells Friday, September 16, 2011 1:22 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:17 AM