none
Azure Site recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm planning now Recovery site based on Azure for 1 of my customers. Here is the short description of their setup:

1. Sonicwall router (which supports Azure VPN) with single network 192.168.0.0/24

2. Secondary DC (hardware server)

3. Primary DC and many other work related software installed here (hardware server)

The goal I wish to achieve in case of failover to Azure is:

1. VMs on Azure get same IPs as servers had on premises

2. Clients via Azure site-2-site VPN connect to AD and DNS and other services that were present on hardware servers.

I need now to plan and create networking on Azure, however I can not find anywhere on how can I have the same network on Azure and locally

Pls correct me if I'm thinking wrong on how it should work. Otherwise it is almost no value for end users if VMs are accessible just inside of Azure..

Monday, October 24, 2016 12:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Iurii,

please refer to the following article for a high level details and specific on the setup:

Designing your network infrastructure for disaster recovery

Option 1, Failover to Azure

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Iurii135 Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:26 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Iurii,

please refer to the following article for a high level details and specific on the setup:

Designing your network infrastructure for disaster recovery

Option 1, Failover to Azure

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Iurii135 Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:26 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 1:03 PM
  • Looks to be not possible in my case

Streched subnet is not possible if you are using Microsoft Azure as DR site

Thank you, Stoyan

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:26 PM