Where are the workflows in SP 2010 Foundation? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SP 2010 Foundation RTM. I can find only one workflow - Tri-State. How or where do I get the other workflows?
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• Thats all you get in SP2010 Foundation - hence the 'Foundation'!

You can of course, create your own with SPD2010!

Regards, Aaron www.aaron-rendell.co.uk SharePoint Consultant for a Microsoft Gold Partner - Silversands, Poole, Dorset, England
    Friday, August 20, 2010 7:47 PM
  • I don't see several workflows listed in that article.  I see several workflow types.  Those are all types of workflows you can build in SharePoint 2010, such as Site Workflows and Re-usable workflows.  These are categories of workflows, not actual pre-built workflows.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Luvs2Code Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:01 PM
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:28 PM

All replies

• Thats all you get in SP2010 Foundation - hence the 'Foundation'!

You can of course, create your own with SPD2010!

Regards, Aaron www.aaron-rendell.co.uk SharePoint Consultant for a Microsoft Gold Partner - Silversands, Poole, Dorset, England
    Friday, August 20, 2010 7:47 PM
  • You have thre three state workflow and SP2007 compatible workflows - out of the box.

As Aaron mentioned, you can create your custom workflows either using SharePoint Designer or with Visual Studio.

Alpesh Nakar's Blog Alpesh Just SharePoint Just SharePoint Updates

SharePoint Conference Southeast Asia Oct 26-27 2010 Contributing Author SharePoint 2010 Unleashed

MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator

• Proposed as answer by Clayton Cobb Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:42 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:55 PM
  • I am using SP 2010 Foundation RTM. I can find only one workflow - Tri-State. How or where do I get the other workflows?

What workflows did you expect to see in Foundation?  SPF is the free version.
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:43 AM
  • The product documentation talks about "workflows" so I was expecting more than one. I had 3 in WSS 3.0 which was free.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee537015.aspx

shows several workflows for SP 2010 Foundation.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 4:59 PM
  • I don't see several workflows listed in that article.  I see several workflow types.  Those are all types of workflows you can build in SharePoint 2010, such as Site Workflows and Re-usable workflows.  These are categories of workflows, not actual pre-built workflows.
    • Marked as answer by Luvs2Code Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:01 PM
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:28 PM