none
DIsable Javascript in Microsoft Edge RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• How do I disable Java script in Microsoft Edge browser ?

Looks like we can use the Developer Tools Emulation tab to choose a different browser (same as IE).  What happens if you choose IE11 and then make sure that the host name you are working with is in the Restricted Sites zone?

Also, Edge has a new Experiments tab.  It says Edit Javascript.  WTH does that mean?  Maybe you could convert each instruction to a Return statement?   <eg>

https://dev.modern.ie/platform/documentation/f12-devtools-guide/experiments/

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Microsoft Edge     Allows you to run scripts like Javascript  

This setting lets you decide whether to let people run scripts, like JavaScript. This setting is enabled by default.

http://superuser.com/questions/955596/how-do-i-disable-javascript-in-microsoft-edge

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:51 AM
  • I'd like to follow up on this - I don't have this option in my computer configuration. I even used a filter to search for 'java script' and 'javascript', and I can't find this option.

Are you aware off the cuff of whether there might be a new solution?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:07 AM
  • used a filter to search for 'java script' and 'javascript', and I can't find this option.

I would agree with you if you were always using a Filter.  Strangely filtering for Edge causes that whole Microsoft Edge branch to be ignored.  Makes me wonder what else I have been missing by trying to use the Filter to help (not hinder!) search for things.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, February 17, 2017 5:00 PM
    Answerer
  • But can you answer the question? Are you aware if there are any other solutions since the "Computer Configuration," and "Administrative Templates," options are not present on my computer either?
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 10:29 AM
  • "Administrative Templates," options are not present on my computer either?
    I now have 15055.  It seems to have at least improved gpedit's Filter.  E.g. now a search for Edge Exact works but there is still nothing as specific found that way as what the Supersite article implies.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, March 12, 2017 5:09 PM
    Answerer