none
Not able to convert global security group to domain local group in Windows 2008 DC.

Question

• Hello, 

I am trying to convert a global security group to domain local group so I can add members across another domain.  

However, the option is grayed out.  

Is there another way for example using power shell? 

Please advise.  

Thanks. 

Friday, December 2, 2016 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can only convert global group to a Universal (as long as it is not a member of any other global groups).check the article for details;

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755692%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

So first try to convert Universal then convert domain local,give a try this :)

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:21 PM
  • Hello dear,

To change group scope you must first choose the universal group.
    • Proposed as answer by FÁBIOFOL Friday, December 2, 2016 4:25 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 9, 2016 5:55 AM