none
how to view only custom attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Can somone please help me on how to view only custom attribute in FIM2010 RTM

Scenario:Someone had created a bunch of custom attribute ,but failed to document it, am finding difficulty in finding which is built-in and which one is custom attribute.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:19 AM

All replies

• Someone else probably has a better way, but this might work for you:

1.  Do a plain install of FIM 2010 in a test environment.

2.  Use the Export-FIMConfig PowerShell cmdlet to dump out the attributes (the schema) for both your test and production environments.

3.  Use the Join-FIMConfig and/or Compare-FIMConfig to compare the two exports.

See Forefront Identify Manager Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell for more information.

Chris

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Every object has a CreatedTime.  So you can glean the date from at default attribute such as "AccountName".  you can then run a query  like

$results = Export-FIMConfig -OnlyBaseResources -CustomConfig "/AttributeTypeDescription[CreatedTime >= '2011-11-30']"

In my case I got 27 results back.

you can look at an individual record

$results[0].ResourceManagementObject.ResourceManagementAttributes | ft

AttributeName               HasReference        IsMultiValue Values              Value             
    -------------               ------------        ------------ ------              -----             
    ObjectID                           False               False                     urn:uuid:9c98365...
    CreatedTime                        False               False                     5/23/2012 4:01:5...
    Creator                            False               False                     urn:uuid:e05d1f1...
    DataType                           False               False                     Integer           
    Description                        False               False                     Requests that ex...
    DisplayName                        False               False                     Request Maximum ...
    Multivalued                        False               False                     False             
    Name                               False               False                     msidmRequestMaxi...
    ObjectType                         False               False                     AttributeTypeDes...

but I suspect you are also interested in what Object Types these attributes are bound to.  you can do that a few ways but one way and probably no so elegant is loop through your new attributes and query the BindingDescription.  Obviously, replace 'Account Name' with your variable in the for loop

$Objectbindings = Export-FIMConfig -OnlyBaseResources -CustomConfig "/BindingDescription[DisplayName = 'Account Name']"

ie foreach ($Binding in $Objectbindings) {write-host $Binding.DisplayName}

Paul N Smith

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:59 PM