integrate skype for business on premise with exchange office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have S4B on premise servers and  we have both on premise and skype online users. we have hybrid exchange configuration but not hybrid Skype configuration.

Our SIP address and UPN are not the same SIP is user@aaa.bbb.ccc and UPN is user@aaa.bbb

We have started to work with Multi Factor Authentication. Is there a way to create seamless integration between Skype and Outlook?

Thanks, Rahamim.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Rahamim,

I sent you this link in above reply,if you have exchange online and the SFB on-premise server, No MA features for SFB.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Rahamim Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:12 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2018 8:02 AM

All replies

• In this case there isn't a canned response. But from experience, getting your UPN to match sip and Email address will save you headaches.

Are you doing MFA in the cloud or on prem?

Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Hi Rahamim,

Agree with brett ,we recommend your to set SIP address and UPN are same.

Before you deploy the MFA ,please refer to this article ,and check your topology if it meet the requirement.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/modern-authentication/topologies-supported

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Is there a way to deploy SIP address change without user interaction?

Edit: Found these links:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-configure-Skype-for-Business-on-premises-to-use-Hybrid-Modern-Authentication-522d5cec-4e1b-4cc3-937f-293570717bc6

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/integrate-with-exchange-server/outlook-web-app

Could these links assist me with my question?

• Edited by Rahamim Saturday, May 12, 2018 12:32 PM
    Saturday, May 12, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Is there a way to deploy SIP address change without user interaction?

No,when you change the SIP address the same as the SMTP address ,you should advice users

Could these links assist me with my question?

Yes ,you could refer to these links 

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:39 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:40 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:41 AM
  • Sorry for not replying sooner.

Your link was part of the solution, but I found other links that could me with the issue. I am uncertain if I would need to change the SIP address:

enable-office-365-mfa-for-skype-for-business-on-premises-users/

info-about-the-allowadalfornonlyncindependentoflync-setting-in-skype-for-business

Hybrid-Modern-Authentication-overview-and-prerequisites-for-using-it-with-on-premises-Skype-for-Business-and-Exchange-servers

Maybe these links along with yours could help me with this matter?

Rahamim.

• Edited by Rahamim Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:02 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:57 PM
  • I can't say that your responses are the answer and here is why:

I upgraded the server and tried all of the answers but it still doesn't work.

On my phone when I try to sign in I get MA for connecting to outlook and I have all the data I need.

Why I don't have the same solution to my PC?

Monday, May 28, 2018 6:54 AM
  • Hi Rahamim,

I sent you this link in above reply,if you have exchange online and the SFB on-premise server, No MA features for SFB.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

• Marked as answer by Rahamim Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:12 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, May 28, 2018 1:18 PM