none
How to query field 'Comments' (or Notes) from Reporting Database 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We are using PS2010 (with SP2010) and I need to query the information that appears in MSProject 2010 in File > Info > Project Information > Advanced Properties > Summary (tab). You can see an image of this in Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/photos/78441451@N07/6877685368/). I'm using the Reporting Database (MSP_EpmProject_UserView) and I could find all fields except 'Comments' (that apears as 'Notes' in Project Center). The query I'm using is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

select puv.[ProjectTitle] as Title
    , puv.[ProjectSubject] as Subject
    , puv.[ProjectAuthorName] as Author
    , puv.[ProjectManagerName] as Manager
    , puv.[ProjectCompanyName] as Company
    , puv.[ProjectCategoryName] as Category
    , puv.[ProjectKeywords] as Keywords
     FROM [MSP_EpmProject_UserView] as puv
    Where puv.ProjectUID = '29158946-083F-408E-B78A-C4BC52F76199'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I query the 'Comments' (or 'Notes') field?.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Carlos Negroni

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:32 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure these fields will actually make it all the way to the Reporting DB. Some of the other fields in this dialog window (e.g. category, company, keywords, manager, subject) can actually be found in the MSP_PROJECTS table in the Published DB. If you dig a little deeper in this DB you might be able to find what you're looking for. Than again, it's not really recommended to use any DB other than the Reporting DB for reporting purposes.

Hope this helps...

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Hi Shelldor23:

The query from above works, so all the 'Single line' fields from project appears in Reporting DB > MSP_EpmProject_UserView (Subject, Author, Company, Category, etc.). However, the 'Multi-line' field 'Comments' (or 'Notes' in Project Center) does not appear in Reporting DB nor in Published DB > MSP_Projects. So it must be stored in another table but I don't know which one.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Carlos Negroni

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:51 PM