none
Mixed numbers of tasks in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• During editing project in Project Web Access (Project 2010) when I instert new task between task already saved, project doesn't renumber old task, but put last free number. For example if I have 50 task and want to put new task between 24 and 25 project put me this task with number 51. This is happened only on one user account, even If I work as delegete. What is very strange, after publishing this project number of tasks are put right.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:53 AM

Answers

• There are a number of updates/calculations that do not take place in PWA when projects are modified. Project Professional is where the heavy calculation takes place and the results of this only get reflected in PWA views after the project has been published from Project Professional. Another example is variance calculations.

Graham

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:36 PM

All replies

• There are a number of updates/calculations that do not take place in PWA when projects are modified. Project Professional is where the heavy calculation takes place and the results of this only get reflected in PWA views after the project has been published from Project Professional. Another example is variance calculations.

Graham

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:36 PM
  • But the problem is that user dosen't have Project Pro, he builds simple project schedule, max 50-60 tasks and his projects never were opened in Project Pro
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:49 PM
  • As you can see, the web scheduling engine in 2010 has its flaws. Make sure your system is updated with the lastest patches. If theses are simple projects, then this quirk shouldn't matter much.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:39 PM
  • But this isnt't answer which Customer want to hear

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:35 AM
  • As you can see, the web scheduling engine in 2010 has its flaws. Make sure your system is updated with the lastest patches. If theses are simple projects, then this quirk shouldn't matter much.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

I'll continue Maciej's thread as we are both working on the problem.

The problem is that only one user meets this behaviour. THis also happens for users who are set as delegates of that user. After the delegation is removed, the schedule editor works fine for other users.

As the issue is present for one user account only, I doubt that this is an update/version problem.

We also tried to remove the account and add it once again to the PWA and the problem persists.

Please also unmark the question as answered.

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

just a thought. Has this user a different sorting applied? An inserted line will always get number of the task, selected for inserting. Try to sort by ID by clicking on header of column ID and give it another try. 

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for your answer. The view is already sorted by ID (you can see the arrow below the column name).

Friday, October 12, 2012 11:04 AM