Outlook search RRS feed

• Question

• Suppose you have an email sender header that reads:

🐝Blah blah blah <info@domaine.com>; (🐝Blah blah blah via bounce.thirdpartyprocessingdomaine.com)

I can find the email by searching by

some portion of "Blah blah blah"

as well as some portion of "info@domaine.com"

But, I cannot find the email by searching for "thirdpartyprocessingdomaine".

The message properties include this text:

From: "=?utf-8?Q?=F0=9F=90=9DBlah blah blah=" <info@domaine.com>

Reply-to: info@ domaine.com

Subject: really really bad (for the bees and for us)

Message-ID: <187397fbde2329c25d7c01697480d673@bounce.thirdpartyprocessingdomaine.com>

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Message-ID: <187397fbde2329c25d7c01697480d673@bounce.thirdpartyprocessingdomaine.com>

According to your description, I did a test in my environment. I selected a message in my Inbox and its Message ID is:<KL1P15301MB0037090A35498CADDD578802E9C60@KL1P15301MB0037.APCP153.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

Then I tried to search this message by "APCP153.PROD.OUTLOOK" and cannot find the message. At the same time, I'm able to find this message via the parts you mentioned above.

Then I research it for a long time, and I'm afraid this is by design, we can't search messages by "thirdpartyprocessingdomaine".

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2019 10:00 AM