none
Error when clicking "Save and Submit" on a timesheet - please help. RRS feed

• Question

• This is a test system we use which is patched up equal to our production system.   All components are in one VM (SQL Server, Project Web App, etc.). 

When I save the timesheet (click "Save"), import into My Tasks, "Submit All", and accept the update, everything works fine.

However, when I click "Save and Submit" from the timesheet, I end up with "Error" in the Status column of the timesheet.   According to the failed entry in the queue, it is an error "3204" - TimesheetIncorrectMode - mode = 0".  All this is doing is performing a self-approval (or should be) since all resources are their own timesheet manager.  Very frustrating indeed because its always worked this way in production.   It seems to do this on every timesheet in this test system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy Novak, PMP, MBA
    University of North Texas

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:44 PM

All replies

• Andy,

I have seen this in the past when the SQL Server performace is not upto to the mark, and the timesheet jobs start overlapping.

Try 1) disbaling the "Fast Polling" under queue settings 2) increasing the RAM for your SQL Server

Hope this helps..

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Hi Andy,  Agree with Prasanna - but as you have all within a single VM you need to generally increase resources for the entire VM - probably processor and RAM.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, August 15, 2011 10:41 PM
    Owner
  • Error "3204" - TimesheetIncorrectMode - mode = 0".

Suspecting that this error occurs due to Timesheet Tied mode.

-Kill the project server event handler service --> Later start the event service and observe the behaviour

-Check the event handlers in server settings --> Server side Event handlers -->Timesheet submitting

-Please remove the entry incase you dont use it.

-Otherwise involve your Devlopement team who registered the event handler in the server

-Otherwise open a case with MS-PSS team for further troubleshooting.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, August 15, 2011 10:52 PM