SCCM 2012 SP2 Upgrade - Secondary Site showing as failed when it was actually successful RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded my hierarchy to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 - one of secondary sites that upgraded successfully has a State of "Failed to Install" in the console.

The issue is preventing replication and preventing the secondary site from being acknowledged in the Site Hierarchy diagram.

Does anyone know of a way to programmatically or manually change the status via WMI or SQL Table to reflect the accurate status? 

An uninstall and reinstall isn't an option since we have many distribution points (with slow links) attached to the secondary site.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, July 11, 2015 1:12 AM

Answers

• The issues has been resolved. Although not supported by MS, I modified the Status (changed to 1) and Detailed Status (changed to 125) fields on the CAS database\dbo.Sites table for the problem secondary site server. This allowed the "Recover Secondary Site" option to become active within Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites within Admin console. I then selected "Recover Secondary Site" which fully processed/completed this time around.

Life is good and now I can enjoy my weekend.

• Marked as answer by RobM1971 Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:05 PM
    Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:05 PM

All replies

• How did you determine that the site was upgraded successfully at all?

Have you rebooted it?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, July 11, 2015 10:16 AM
  • Hi Torsten, The ConfigMgrSetup.log indicates "secondary site upgrade completed". However, I don't see the entry "INFO: send message 0x00050002 to parent" in the log like I do on the other 3 secondary sites that completed successfully.

Do you have any recommendations on how I should proceed? Would secondary site repopulate and keep distribution point connectivity if I remove site from console on CAS and then restart secondary site? 

Please let me know when you get the chance.

Thank you!

Saturday, July 11, 2015 12:47 PM
  • The issues has been resolved. Although not supported by MS, I modified the Status (changed to 1) and Detailed Status (changed to 125) fields on the CAS database\dbo.Sites table for the problem secondary site server. This allowed the "Recover Secondary Site" option to become active within Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites within Admin console. I then selected "Recover Secondary Site" which fully processed/completed this time around.

Life is good and now I can enjoy my weekend.

• Marked as answer by RobM1971 Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:05 PM
    Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:05 PM