Please help me in this.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Sarath<o:p></o:p>

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:50 AM

All replies

• YES you can:

There are some rule which you need to know :

You can use custom fields as dimensions or measures. For example, you can use a Number custom field as a measure to sum values along a task dimension. The Project Server Cube Build Service (CBS) has many rules for including custom fields in OLAP cubes. Figure 2 and Figure 3 summarize CBS features and the limitations for adding custom fields to OLAP cubes. The CBS rules include the following:
    Custom fields, in general:
    Cannot be added as measures for the timephased cubes.
    Cannot be added with formulas.
    Dimensions:
    Support only custom fields with lookup tables, with the exception of Flag custom fields.
    Support Flag custom fields, which cannot have a lookup table.
    Task custom fields:
    If the task custom field has a lookup table, it cannot roll up to summary tasks and cannot be used as a measure.
    Measures:
    Support only Cost, Duration, and Number custom fields. Those custom fields for Resource and Project entities can be measures.
    If a Cost, Duration, or Number custom field for a Task entity has a lookup table, it cannot be a measure.
    Multivalue custom fields:
    Are not supported in the cubes.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767696(v=office.14).aspx

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 17, 2014 6:16 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Hi Kritesh, Thank you for response. I am new for this technology. I have created custom field under resource, but when I am trying to add same custom field into the cubes, I am able to see same column under resource and Assignment cubes. Ex: Created custom field under Resource: Resource_Skill Now I am able to see two custom fields under assignment and resource cube. Resource_Skill_R_Assignment Resource_Skill_Resource May I know the difference between above two columns? Thanks Sarath.
    Friday, January 17, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Once column is for assignment and another one is for Resource.

Assignment means when you crate a task then assign that task to resource then task become assignment.

when you will create report in for Resource_skill_resource you will be able to group by or filter resource as per their skill. 

As far as Resource_Skill_R_Assignment is concerned  you can group by or filter assignment for resource as per their skill 

Resource CUBE: The Resource Non Timephased and Resource Timephased OLAP cubes contain resource data. These two OLAP cubes do not contain any Total fields in common, but do contain several Dimensions in common (such as Booking Type and Resource List).

Assignment: The Assignment Non Timephased, Assignment Timephased, MSP Portfolio Analyzer, and MSP Project Timesheet OLAP cubes contain assignment data. Each of these OLAP cubes includes many of the same Total Fields (such as Actual Cost, Actual Overtime Cost, Actual Work, and Actual Overtime Work) and many of the same Dimensions (such as Assignment Owner and Project List)

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 17, 2014 7:18 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 7:13 AM