Deploy SCCM client CU3 Hotfix to SCCM clients 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm having a hard time to deploy the CU3 hotfix to R2 clients. I use the package which was automatically created by the MS CU3 installer.

The thing is that I don't see a real problem in the logs, but when I run the exact command

msiexec.exe /p configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2994331-x64.msp /L*v %TEMP%\configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2994331-x64.msp.LOG /q REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=mous

which is in the sccm package on a client I get this error "Setup was unable to register CCM_Service_HostingConfiugration endpoint. The error code is 80041002"

I saw an article in regard to a MP server. But in this case I have Windows 7 64bit clients. I was able to reproduce this error on 2 client machine.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edy

Edy from Switzerland

Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:26 PM

All replies

• What problems do you see on the client that make you think that something is wrong? Also, what's is the exit code in the log file (at the end).

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:35 PM
  • It is this error which I get when I run the command manually on a client which has SCCM client 2012 R2 installed.

Setup was unable to register CCM_Service_HostingConfiugration endpoint. The error code is 80041002.

In the msiexec log for the msp file I see at the end a error code 1603.

Thanks,

Edy

Edy from Switzerland

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi,

Today I installed the hotfix on a computer which was freshly imaged and without any application installed except Office 2010. The hotfix installed fine.

So I guess there must be an application in my application task sequence which cause problems for the Hotfix msp.

Could it be a WMI namespace issue which an application mess up? I think sccm client is delicate when it comes to WMI. Just an idea.

Thanks,

Edy

Edy from Switzerland

Friday, October 31, 2014 7:09 PM
  • I'm think I'm not completely following the issue. Is it happening on all your clients? Also, did you try to completely remove the client en install it again including the hotfix?

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Friday, October 31, 2014 8:08 PM