Skype Room System V2 proximity sensor not waking screen up RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Logitech Smartdock with a Surface Pro 2017 running the latest SRS version.  The proximity sensor does not wake the screen up with someone enters the room.  I've been working with Logitech support and they say it's a Microsoft issue. 

This is a brand new unit that was just setup and the power management settings have not been changed except for changing the screen sleep to 3 minutes for testing.

This is the only thing keeping me from deploying this unit.

Friday, May 18, 2018 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Corey,

Due to resource constraints, I cannot do specific tests for you ,but you could do the following test.

Which win10 version that you install the Surface Pro 2017?

Please make sure your windows 10 version is over 1703.

Does the issue occur after the recent update?

Please close the screen sleep  ,then someone enter the room ,if you could see it .

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 21, 2018 7:42 AM
  • It Windows 10 enterprise 1703.  It's the version that came preloaded on the Surface as part of the Skype Room System bundle.

This feature has never worked.  We just recently purchased the room system and set it up.

I've gone through the test you mentioned and the screen doesn't wake up.

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:15 PM
  • Hi Corey,

Logitech has included a motion sensor on the front bezel of the SmartDock so the unit will wake up from sleep mode when someone walks into the conference room. I suggest you contact the Logitech ,check the motion sensor,it seems hardware problem.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:31 AM
  • I did work with Logitech Support and they said it was a Microsoft problem.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:59 AM
  • I installed the Windows 10 driver kit and ran the sensor diagnostic tool.  The proximity sensor was detected by the tool but was reporting no input when I moved.  I'm guessing this is a bad sensor.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:18 PM