none
GPO Wallpaper/Lock Screen to specific temporary subnet

Question

• Hello,

This is my first question, although I've used the site for many solutions before.

I apologise if this has already been asked before, I had a quick look but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The organisation that I work for has multiple policies spread out over subnets, however I've recently been asked if I could force a wallpaper and lock screen to the workstations for the duration they are connected to one specific subnet. I need the policy to only apply when the workstations receive an IP from the subnet but continue to use the same policies provided when they receive their normal IP addresses.

I understand this maybe a basic question but GPO's aren't my strong point.

Normally, workstations are connected to 10.10.10.0 so they receive all the policies related to that address, but when they connect to 192.168.10.0 I need them to receive the wallpaper/lock screen.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Friday, April 28, 2017 12:33 PM

All replies

• You can refer to what has been shared as part of this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/087a1215-4701-4636-95fe-e9d0c0a9e083/wmi-filter-for-specific-ip-network?forum=winserverGP

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:09 PM
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:02 AM