Some of my laptop's keys are not working. Please help! RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Lenovo B590 laptop with windows 10. I have this strange problem with my keyboard that some of the keys are not working. Like if press 'a'  it will print 'a' as usual. But if I press 'n' it will just beep without printing anything. By the beep sound i believe the key is being pressed but not printing the character on screen. Sometimes, some keys keep pressing automatically like 'o', CTRL etc. I have uninstalled the keyboard driver and rebooted the system, did a factory reset etc nothing seems to work. I don't know what's wrong with my keyboard. Many keys are sounding beep. Please help me. Thank you.
    • Edited by Rathan0049 Monday, November 20, 2017 5:10 PM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked if some dust or extraneous material is under key top of [n]?
    If nothing strange things under key top, please scan whole drive by some antivirus/security software.

If you have another USB keyboard, check it it will work fine.

Regards, 

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:43 AM
  • Hi Rathan,

Firstly, please launch the On-Screen keyboard to confirm the Windows itself is fine:

1. Type On-Screen Keyboard in the search box.

2. Launch it to test all keys.

If it works fine, in indicates your physical keyboard has issue. Please unplug it and re-plug it(if it's external) and update its driver. If the issue persists, replace a new one.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:51 AM
  • Hi Karen_Hu, 

Thank you for your time. Osk is working fine. I think it's my physical keyboard causing the issue. Will check with USB keyboard again.

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:35 AM
  • Hello,

Please run Keyboard troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:00 AM
  • Hi Karen_Hu, 

Thank you for your time. Osk is working fine. I think it's my physical keyboard causing the issue. Will check with USB keyboard again.

Thanks!

Any update?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:31 AM