none
my pc RRS feed

• Question

• i use my pc to play an online game called runescape and recently my computer has been really slow and its stopping me from being able to play as my computer will make noises and have a pause where the screen will freeze then move again after a few seconds, its really annoying and ive deleted all the files and programs i dont use on my pc but i still cant get rid of this problem and i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me by telling me wat i should download or any other advise

thanks

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:28 AM

Answers

•  

Hi gumbo, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general system issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to system forum:

Windows XP

http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/itproxpsp/threads/

Windows Vista

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=204&SiteID=17

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Also, for your information, you can try Clean Boot to check if the issue is caused by third party software conflicts:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment. If the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:56 AM