Creating incident templates into Service Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to import via csv a bunch of incident templates. I have prepared a csv file with the needed information, but I need to do the xml file.

My question is - what is the projection type/class type that I must use for Incident Templates?

example: <Projection Type="System.WorkItem.Incident.ProjectionType"> - this imports incident records. But what I want to do is import incident templates.

Can this be done and has anyone done it? If so, please share how.

Thanks,

Dimitar

Monday, July 2, 2012 12:59 PM

Answers

• I am not sure if I understand your requirement right. You want to import Incident Templates via CSV?

It's not possible to import Incident Templates via CSV import option in SCSM 2012.

CSV Import is for the import of data only (e.g. Incident Tickets, CIs, ... ).

Incident Templates are stored in Management Packs. You can import Management Packs in the SCSM 2012 console: Administration -> Management Packs -> Tasks pane -> Import.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hm, noone knows what the class type for Incident Templates is as it seems...

If otherwise, please share:)

Dimitar

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:31 AM
  • hi, so I dont know it off the top off my head, but you can run some sql query to find it:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/31/service-manager-database-tour-useful-queries.aspx

There is also a useful tool called Listguid:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Tool-to-list-Guids-of-e33ca89b

I hope this is useful for you.

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:37 PM
  • I am not sure if I understand your requirement right. You want to import Incident Templates via CSV?

It's not possible to import Incident Templates via CSV import option in SCSM 2012.

CSV Import is for the import of data only (e.g. Incident Tickets, CIs, ... ).

Incident Templates are stored in Management Packs. You can import Management Packs in the SCSM 2012 console: Administration -> Management Packs -> Tasks pane -> Import.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:54 PM
  • I assume he means a csv file via powershell, not the connector.  

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:32 PM
  • It doesn't matter. Even with PowerShell you can't import "Incident Templates" (if we are talking about Incident Templates you can create in SCSM 2012 console -> Libray -> Templates) via CSV.

My question was regarding this sentence:

--- quote ---

But what I want to do is import incident templates.

--- end of quote --- 

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:55 PM