Sequencing ODBC connections in Windows 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to sequence a few applications that require ODBC connections under Windows 10 with the App-V Sequencer 10.0.16299 (the one from the 1709 ADK).

During this I noticed some weird behaviour. If - during monitoring mode - I create the ODBC connection by double clicking a .reg file, everything works fine. The registry key including all of its values gets captured, and are visible in the package editor under "Virtual Registry".

But, If i create the ODBC connection with the odbcad32.exe (whether I use the system32 or syswow64 version doesn't matter) then nothing gets captured.

This is pretty easy to duplicate. Just start the sequencer, then once it's in monitoring mode start odbcad32.exe, create some dummy connection in "System DSN", finalize the package, go to "modify my package" on the last screen and there won't be any ODBC.INI subkey. I've attached a screenshot of how it looks.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and knows how to fix it?

Because the exact same thing works just fine under Windows 7 with the 5.1.85 sequencer.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:01 PM

All replies

• I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Is your windows version also on 1709? 

Roy Essers

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:20 AM
  • Yes, Windows is also on 1709.
    Friday, February 16, 2018 10:25 AM