Skype For buiness front-end service stuck starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to All,

I have just installed a new Skype For Business Standard Edition farm, i must migrate users from an existing Lync 2013 installation.

Otherwise after the installation all the services start correctly but the front-end service dont't start, it remains in "starting".

From event viewer i see the following errors:

Failed to sync data for Routing group {8AC6ACE3-7A55-56DC-960A-69C19CCA8D79} from backup store.
    Cause: This may indicate a problem with connectivity to backup database or some unknown product issue.
    Resolution:
    Ensure that connectivity to backup database is proper. If the error persists, please contact product support with server traces.

Server startup is being delayed because fabric pool manager has not finished initial placement of users.

Currently waiting for routing group: {8AC6ACE3-7A55-56DC-960A-69C19CCA8D79}.
    Number of groups potentially not yet placed: 1.
    Total number of groups: 1.
    Cause: This is normal during cold-start of a Pool and during server startup.
    If you continue to see this message many times, it indicates that insufficient number of Front-Ends are available in the Pool.
    Resolution:
    During a cold-start of a large Pool it can take upto an hour for the placement process to finish as it needs to populate all the Front-End databases with data from the Backup Store. If the Pool is running and the Front-End is just started, this is normal for some time. If this repeats for a long time, ensure that all the Front-Ends configured for this Pool are up and running. If multiple Front-Ends have been recently decommissioned, run Reset-CsPoolRegistrarState -ResetType QuorumLossRecovery to enable the Pool to recover from Quorum Loss and make progress.

The server has been installed 24 hours ago and the service don't start.

If i run the commands Test-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase and Test-CsDatabase -LocalService all checks are ok.

There is no antivirus and no other errors on the server.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi federico,

Please check if the root certificate has been installed on SFB server 2015. If it has been installed and the issue occur, we suggest you do the following steps to check if the front-end service could be started:

1. Remove root certificate from “Trusted root certificate”
    2. Export root certificate manually from CA and import it into “Trusted root certificate” on SFB server
    3. Re-run “Request, Install or Assign Certificates” using SFB deploy wizard
    4. Restart all SFB services

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:25 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:21 PM