Power Query Code RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following power query in Excel...  It works, but instead of bringing down numbers it brings down text strings... How do I convert all cells into numbers?

Thanks,

Mark

let

viewUrl = #"Portfolio Parameters"(),

Source = Table.PromoteHeaders(Csv.Document(Web.Contents(viewUrl),[Delimiter=",", Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]))

in

Source

Friday, December 8, 2017 5:23 PM

Answers

• In the Query Editor - Transform tab: select all columns and change data type to decimal number or whole number; or choose "Detect Data Type".

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for development issues when using Excel Object Model. As your issue is related to Power Query code, i would move this thread into Power Query forum for professional support. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:15 AM
  • In the Query Editor - Transform tab: select all columns and change data type to decimal number or whole number; or choose "Detect Data Type".

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:46 AM