locked
Change Requests stuck in "New" status RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello everyone,

    I am testing out Change Requests before deploying it to production, however I am already having problems off the bat. I create a change request, assign it to myself, fill in the required fields and save it. However it stays stuck in the "New" status. I tried approving and also skipping the approval activity... This does nothing to change the status. I also cannot "Put on Hold" or "Resume" the change because it complains saying cannot do that to a change request with the status of "New".

    I took the usual measures and stopped the "Microsoft Monitoring Agent" service along with the system center data access and config services, cleaned out the service manager caches and restarted the services. However when I open my console again its still stuck in the "New" status.

    Next I checked the workflow Status's and not a single workflow is complaining of any issues.

    Any ideas??


    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:04 PM

All replies

  • Are you doing through SDK (custom APP). In that case expicit status of CR needs to be set
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:24 AM
  • No its an OOB change request module nothing is changed.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:06 PM
  • "I took the usual measures and stopped the "Microsoft Monitoring Agent" service along with the system center data access and config services, cleaned out the service manager caches and restarted the services. However when I open my console again its still stuck in the "New" status."

    Thanks for your reply @Abhishek. I already tried that... still no luck
    Friday, July 31, 2015 1:14 PM
  • Check this link ,

    http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scsm-2012-tip-all-workflows-stuck-in-new-status-and-never-completing-issue-and-workaround/

    It is a problem that usually occours when the hardware resources are not sufficient.

    Saturday, August 1, 2015 1:19 PM
  • Thanks for your reply @Firat YASAR. I didn't see anything on the link about hardware resources... however I already followed the steps outlined in the link as a first step, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the standard service restart/cache clearing issue.

    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:04 PM
  • Anything?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I'll take a stab at this one. Do the activities in your CR template have a status set already?

    Back in the day, if the activity status was blank in a template, the parent work items could get stuck. If I recall, just setting the activity status to "pending" for each activity in your template would clear up the issue.

    This, of course, will not fix change requests that are already stuck..it will only fix the issue for newly created change requests.

    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:46 PM
  • I created a new CR template and added a bunch of custom activities and it works... it seems the out of box ones are the only ones stuck in "New". Very weird... although this doesn't solve the ones stuck in "new" this is ok because its a test environment and I was only planning on using a custom template anyways... I was only testing the OOB one first. Anyways thanks for the help Aaron, take care until next time :)
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:52 PM