none
Deploying and exisiting customised WIM (sysprep) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an issue trying to deploy a (already customised) WIN10 1903 wim image via MDT.

recently upgraded MDT v8456 (from 829?), replaced the boot images in WDS and restarted the server. ADK has also been updated for 1909

I have added the WIM to the Operating Systems (selected does not need system files).

Created a standard client TS and deployed to the client and got the following errors. (couldn't upload the entire content due to 4-60000 limit)

I have NOT edited the customsettings.ini since the upgrade. (checked the files from the DeploymentShare\backup and all seem to be the same)

Now I am getting prompted for the administrator password also. Have I missed something.

Could someone please confirm which Task Sequences need to be disabled if I just want to deploy the drivers and OS?

also noticed the deployment PE environment is not displaying the '_SMSTSORGNAME' as specified in the customsettings.ini and the deployment does not show under monitoring in the console
    Friday, November 22, 2019 2:49 PM

All replies

• After Upgrading the MDT. Did you completely regenerated the boot images from MDT > Deployment Share and Imported to WDS.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Yes. I have selected to completely regenerate the boot images, updated them in WDS (even restarted the services). still no joy.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Provide the logs by uploading in any public shared drive that will be helpful..!!
    Monday, November 25, 2019 10:30 AM
  • how do I do that? (the log file exceeds the character limit)

...here are the results:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Results><Errors>11</Errors><Warnings>4</Warnings><RetVal>-2147467259</RetVal><DeploymentType>NEWCOMPUTER</DeploymentType><Messages><![CDATA[ERROR - rule Priority key not set in section [Settings]
    ERROR processing Ini settings.  No further processing.
    ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIGather, rc = 1
    FAILURE: 1: Running wscript.exe "X:\Deploy\Scripts\ZTIGather.wsf" /nolocalonly
    ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIDrivers: Path not found (76)
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005
    Failed to save environment to  (80070057)
    Failed to run the action: Inject Drivers.
    Unknown error (Error: 0000004C; Source: Unknown)
    The execution of the group (Preinstall) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.
    Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)
    Failed to run the last action: Inject Drivers. Execution of task sequence failed.
    Unknown error (Error: 0000004C; Source: Unknown)
    Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail
    Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005
    RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram
    GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.
    Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005]]></Messages></Results>

Monday, November 25, 2019 11:00 AM
  • From Initial Observation It seems that Inject drivers steps is causing an issues. Can you please re validate and Uploading Logs in (OneDrive /SharePoint) or any others Sites.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Logs Link

See the above. I did also try creating a new DeploymentShare. Same issue ...

It does look like it tries to install the OS but seems to fail at the same step every time...49% 45/90 steps

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:30 PM