Can't create new objects in PerformancePoint 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm assuming this is still the right place to be answering questions on PerformancePoint 2010?

I have SharePoint 2010 RTM runing on W2K8 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2.  I have created a business intelligence site and can download and run Dashboard designer without any problems.  However when I try to create a new object (Report, Scorecard, KPI) it displays the select a data source dialog but then jumps back to the main DD window without creating any new objects.  I can create data sources no problem

I can't see anything in the sharepoint logs (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS) or the event log (application or system)

Any suggestions?

http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/blogs
    Monday, May 3, 2010 9:26 PM

All replies

• Most of the PPS 2010 items I have seen posted have been in the SharePoint 2010 General forum.  I am assuming there will eventually be a SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence forum that these will all go into.

As far as this goes, I just wanted to verify that you have everything setup properly.  Assuming you created the PPS Service Application, started it, setup the secure store, and defined the unattended service account.  Once you have the PPS feature enabled on the site you also need to make sure you define the trusted locations that will contain these items like Excel Services.

If that is all setup properly you should be fine.  Are you using the RTM for Beta 2 release?
    I believe this forum area will just be for PPS 2007 M&A.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:30 AM
  • Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply - I'll post over there going forward.   I'd already followed boths the docs you linked and all appears to be set up properly.  The fact I can create and deploy data sources suggests things are mostly right.  My trusted locations are set as Any Sharepoint location

I'm running the MSDN version 14.0.0.4762

Will try a rebuild - all good practice I guess!

Tim

http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/blogs
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:41 PM