none
Number of files skipped for synchronization exceeed 100 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to take a backup of a Win 2003 file server on DPM 2010 but the consistency check is failing repeatedly with error:

Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100 files on this data source (ID 32538 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FE)

Upon checking the FailedFilesLog, there are .txt .pdf .dwg and a lot more files. These files change everytime the job fails.

I did add the key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\ContinueOnFailure
       MaxFailedFiles:REG_DWORD:270F (dec 9999)

Then net stop dpmra followed by net start dpmra but that did not help. The job still keeps failing.

The hex code mentioned in the FailedFilesLog is 0x80990aa5.

I understand that ErrorCode: 0x80990AA5 =  DSMMTF_E_CORRUPT_DATA

Does this mean I need to run chkdsk on the file server? Or on the DPM replica volume?

Pavit

Pavit Bhutani

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Most likely the protected server.   There should be the full path to the offending file in the FailedFilesLog.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 4, 2013 4:20 PM