Unable to sign into Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of demoing the subject mentioned unit for a firm that I work for, but I'm running into issues trying to sign into Skype for Business. I can sign in to an account that is homed completely in the cloud (user@xx.onmicrosoft.com) as well as my own domain account.  I can't however sign into the device with an account that is both homed on premises, and online.  I've ran Wireshark, CLS, Syslog, but I can't seem to see where the error is.  Is there a way to send a trace for someone to look at?
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:10 PM

All replies

• The user account is either homed on-prem or online, not both? or you meant Exchange is on-prem while SFB on Online? 

Do you have Snooper? You may download it at
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47263 , extract, use it to check and observe logs what's really going on when a user signs into the SFB client. 

Use the account having the issue to login to the SFB client, check the log which is usually  located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing\Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog using the Snooper. 

• Edited by ThettNaing Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:32 PM
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:23 PM
  • Hi Krafcky,

Could you give me information about the “device with an account that is both homed on premises, and online”?

Could  account that is both homed on premises and online sign in the skype for business client on a pc?

You could sign into the Polycom with on-premise or online account,the problem may caused by the account.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Hi Krafcky,

Most common issues on the polycom is that the time setting is not correct and the certificate trust goes wrong. You can enable debug mode on the polycom trio. Also set Webticket and SIP on debug mode. 

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:09 AM
  • Hello All,

I apologize, but I am just now seeing your responses.  I was hoping that I would have received an email that said users had responded.  Since then, we have moved completely online.  We have ensured that our DNS records both internal and external are accurate.  We have also disabled the Skype for Business shared name space.  I am still experencing the inability to log into Skype for Business online. The time setting is accurate, but I will check the certificate trust.  I will also enable debug on both areas and report back.

Chris

Monday, January 8, 2018 5:44 PM
  • Hi Krafcky,

What firmware version do you have ? Also try to update to the latest 5.5.3 firmware. 

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Are you using DHCP options for NTP and 43 and 120?

Those help with configuring these devices and allows for you to use PIN authentication for ease of setup.

Brett

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:27 PM
  • Hello,

We were able to login to the device, but it was by way of the 'Web Sign In' feature directly on the device.  Unfortunately this is less than ideal.  I'm assuming that this has something to do with modern authentication and conditional access.  Are there any settings within ADFS or Azure online that would solve this?  What about integrating the Exchange 2016 (on premises) calendar with the device?  As for firmware, I've ensured that the device is completely up to date.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Hi Krafcky,

Check the deployment guide how to setup: https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/Voice/realpresence_trio/setup-maintenance/en/trio-deployment-guide-5-5-3.pdf

For exchange calendar you can enter couple of settings manually in the web interface.

Greetings,

Erdem

Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:09 AM