Manager/Secretary Call Transfer RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have Lync 2010 with Enterprise voice. We are currently moving from an Alcatel IP PBX where we had manager/secretary working and are looking at moving those users to Lync.

The requirements are;

1. The secretary’s phones need to be on without the PC, currently we use Polycom CX600 in other areas for this.
    2. 1 button press to transfer calls to the managers.

The secretary’s will screen all calls to the managers and consult before transferring to the manager.

The biggest problem we have is the 1 button press to transfer the call to the manager from the secretary that the users are used to. We have tried Polycom VVX 500 with a VVX 410 with the delegation configuration but this does not seem to allow for the quick 1 button press to transfer the call that we are looking for.

Another option we looked at was to use Lync 2010 Attendant with a CX600. However we have found that if the call is answered on the CX600 then no control is available in the Attendant.

Has anyone found a way to set up a Lync device to allow the 1 button press to transfer a call?

• Changed type Lisa.zheng Monday, March 3, 2014 5:57 AM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 4:35 PM

All replies

• I personally use a CX600, but it does have some shortfalls in these sort of scenarios. For these sorts of relationships I'd suggest using a SNOM UC phone, which has Boss/Admin built in and allows a very similar experience to the traditional PBX

http://www.snomchannel.com/voip-blog/snom-boss-admin-demo-with-microsoft-lync/

You also have flexibility of button programming on these phones.

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Button_Programming

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" | Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @imlynced

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Suffering from the same limitations as you ;(

We played around with the SNOM devices, there you can limit this to 3 key press...you can do a blind transfer there with ONE key press, but not the consultative transfer...

You can also use the SNOM BOSS/ADMIN feature which in my case was no solutions as there the manager has to pickup the call... you can see this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mn3c99VWWo

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:45 PM
  • I think Lync phones in general are 85% of the way there (much improved from where they were a few years ago) but they're still not on parity with some traditional PBX features, although they do offer features that the old PBX phones didn't 

In these sorts of scenarios it's been necessary to retrain the user (always fun I know :) )

I actually forgot that the Polycom VVX since UCS5.0 firmware has some basic Boss/Admin features too, but I haven't really played with it.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" | Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @imlynced

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:50 PM