Export to Spreadsheet with IE9, Office 2010, SharePoint 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• On our SharePoint 2003 site, users get the message "To export to a list, you must have a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application" when clicking on "Export to spreadsheet."  This happened after upgrading to IE9.  The computers are running Win7, Office 2010, and IE9.  If the same computer is downgraded to IE8, the message does not pop up.  What can be done to resolve this?
    • Edited by BrianG_WPSIC Monday, July 16, 2012 7:05 PM Add detail
    Monday, July 16, 2012 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I’ve tested this with W7x64 IE9 and Office 2010 x86.  I do not get the pop up your describing.  There is one clue though.  After you downgrade IE9 to IE8 it works.  I wonder if during the upgrade it is missing the references to Office 2010.

Try this, on a test client box with the problem, try repair of the Office 2010 install.  This should reregister some settings in the registry.  Or another way is to install another Office component.  This would also cause it to reregister in the registry.  

If this does not work, you might want to open a ticket and speak with an Office Integration engineer to do a deeper dive.

Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by BrianG_WPSIC Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hi BrianG,

Have your added your site as a trusted site in IE 9, if not, please add it and check if it works?

And I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:15 AM
  • We have it in our Local Intranet Sites zone.  I moved it to Trusted Sites, but that didn't have any effect.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

I’ve tested this with W7x64 IE9 and Office 2010 x86.  I do not get the pop up your describing.  There is one clue though.  After you downgrade IE9 to IE8 it works.  I wonder if during the upgrade it is missing the references to Office 2010.

Try this, on a test client box with the problem, try repair of the Office 2010 install.  This should reregister some settings in the registry.  Or another way is to install another Office component.  This would also cause it to reregister in the registry.  

If this does not work, you might want to open a ticket and speak with an Office Integration engineer to do a deeper dive.

Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by BrianG_WPSIC Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:18 PM